(Photo by Paul Faith/AFP/Getty Images)
Taoiseach Micheál Martin has announced an easing of some Covid-19 restrictions beginning April 12.
- People will be allowed to travel anywhere within their counties and construction workers in the residential sector will return to sites.
- Two households can also meet outdoors, away from homes and gardens.
- All residential construction can restart as well as early-learning and childcare projects.
- High performance training will be allowed, including senior inter county GAA training to facilitate national league competitions starting in May.
- Outdoor sports training for under 18 can begin again.
- Golf and outdoor tennis can be played and outdoor visitor attractions such as zoos and wildlife parks can be accessed.
- People who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 can meet other fully vaccinated people indoors.
- The number of people permitted to attend a funeral will increase from 10 to 25 from 26 April.
A review of the possible easing of restrictions for the month of May is expected to take place before 4 May.
Subject to the prevailing public health situation, there would be a full re-opening of construction activity as well as a phased return of non-essential retail which will start with click-and-collect and outdoor retail, such as garden centres and nurseries.
The reopening of museums, galleries and libraries will also be looked at, along with the recommencement of personal services and religious services on a staggered basis.